[Nagiosplug-help] MRTG problem

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Tue Jul 7 19:33:10 CEST 2009

On Jul 6, 2009, at 11:33 PM, HAZHIR HAJIAN wrote:

> Dear all
>
> i would like to monitor the bandwidth of different ports of a switch
> using CentOS 5 as my monitoring server.to do so i installed MRTG
> (using Yum install mrtg which installed mrtg with 2 dependencies)
> and net-snmp(using Yum install net-snmp which installed net-snmp
> with 2 dependencies) and also i install Net-snmp-utils..Then i
> configure the switch.cfg file and added the switch. Now on the
> nagios interface i get this error "check_mrtgtraf: Unable to open
> MRTG log file " as of MRTG document
>
> the log file is placed in /var/lib/mrtg and i have given the same
> path when i edited the service in switch.cfg ( check_local_mrtgtraf!/
> var/lib/mrtg/124.217.240.20/124.217.240.20_1.log!AVG!1000000,1000000!
> 5000000,5000000!10 )...but still i get the same warning message
>

> please help me with this.....thank you
>
> Hazhir Hajian

You say "as of MRTG document the log file is placed in..." Have you
verified that the log file IS actually placed in /var/lib/mrtg/
124.217.240.20/124.217.240.20_1.log? The log file location is actually
defined by the MRTG config, and as such may not match up with the
documentation...

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician II
Frontier Flying Service Inc.