[Nagiosplug-help] How do I use check_rbl.pl in Nagios?

Nigel Prentice nigelpr at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 21 09:05:20 CEST 2009

Hello Manohar,
1. When you make changes to the config files it would useful to post the current version. Then everyone monitoring this thread can view it. So please repaste your modified commands.cfg

2. Have you verified that the $USER1$ macro is set correctly for your system? It's somewhere in the configuration files.

3. What are the owner/permissions on check_rbl.pl ?    (#ls -la) Compare with other plugins in the same directory e.g. check_dummy
I notice that when you tested check_rbl.pl, you invoked it with #perl check_rbl.pl  This will work even if the file is read-only i.e. not executable
You should be verifying with #<user1_path>/check_rbl.pl  a.b.c.d

4. The first line of check_rbl.pl (in version 1.1) is:
#!/usr/bin/perl
Does this match the location of perl on your system?    (#which perl)

Regards