[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios plugin used to scan my site

Alex Bond abond at theajinetwork.com
Thu Jul 23 19:13:16 CEST 2009

Hello, I run a Drupal-based corporate website.  It's still in
development, so although it is live it is not yet open to the public.
So far, aside from our developers, most of our web traffic comes from
user agent check_http/v2053 (nagios-plugins 1.4.13).  Your plugins are
being used to scan our website for security vulnerabilities in prelude
for hacking attempts.  We have received over 19,000 pageviews from this
user agent alone, with more from check_http/1.96 (nagios-plugins 1.4.5).
>From your website, it does not look like you are intending your software
to be used as a hacking tool, but that is exactly how it is being used.

How can I prevent your plugins from being used to attack our website?

Thank you,

Alex