[Nagiosplug-help] check_http time out don't make a critical status on Nagios

Hocine Zebbar hocine.zebbar at polymtl.ca
Fri Jun 19 00:29:45 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a question about check_http.

I’m using check_http to track on of my services. When my services is down,  I
use this command:
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_http -I 172.30.64.64 -p 8000 -u /vaqm -c 8

I got a time out ‘CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 10 seconds’.

But according to nagios, my services still be up ! How can I force nagios to
change the state of the services from ok to critical when he receive a time out
?
Thanks you for answering and for your good work !

/Hocine