[Nagiosplug-help] /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apt set the right permission to perform the check

Hocine Zebbar hocine.zebbar at polymtl.ca
Sun Jun 21 07:54:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I need your help to setup the correct permission for
/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apt to perform a check_apt. The command
has to be executed as root. I try to edit my visudo to allow nagios to
execute the command:

nagios MYHOST=NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_apt

I still get APT CRITICAL: 0 packages available for upgrade (0 critical
updates). warnings detected, errors detected. run with -v for information.

If I execute the command with out sudo

check_apt v1991 (nagios-plugins 1.4.12) , Debian Etch, Nagios3

Thks