[Nagiosplug-help] Solaris 10 x86 => pst3.c:1: sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in

Michael Prochaska michael at prochas.net
Thu Jun 25 14:25:22 CEST 2009

> I believe this means that your compiler cannot generate 64-bit code;
> pst3 *has* to be compiled in 64bits on most systems.
>
> What compiler are you using, and where did you get it from? I'm using
> the GCC compiler suite bundled with Solaris and it works... Sun cc
> should work too.

i use the gcc from sunfreeware.com

"In particular, gcc-3.4.6 offers support for the creation of 64-bit
executables when the source code permits it. Programs like top, lsof,
ipfilter, and others support, and may need, such compiles to work properly
when running the 64-bit versions of Solaris 7, 8, and 9 on SPARC
platforms. In some cases, simply using the -m64 flag for gcc during
compiles (which may require either editing the Makefiles to add -m64 to
CFLAGS or just doing gcc -m64 on command lines) works. "

looks like it supports 64 bit...

regards,
michael