[Nagiosplug-help] check_connections.pl

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 13 13:33:54 CET 2009

On Mar 12, 2009, at 9:50 PM, Mark S Parrish wrote:

> Hello!
>
> If this is the wrong list to submit this, please let me know.

nagios-users is probably a better list for questions, if only because
there are more users and it's still on-topic.

> [root at VM libexec]# ./check_connections.pl -w 80 -c 100 -C PowerTerm
> OK - Established connections: 36

Never test plugins as root. It's a false test; nagios doesn't run them
as root and often is more restricted. Try testing as the user nrpe
runs as.

> I was wondering why this always shows "0" Established connections...?

My money is on sudo configuration. Maybe you don't have sudoers set up
to allow nrpe to run this without password or perhaps you have
'requiretty' enabled.

--
Marc