[Nagiosplug-help] Help for a beginner - check_log

Cullum, Matthew matthew.cullum at linklaters.com
Wed Mar 18 12:25:48 CET 2009

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to nagios after foolishly suggesting it
as an alternative to
HP openview that my company currently uses. A daft move as I now have
been charged
with setting up a system for evaluation.
I have configured most of the systems ok and have nrpe working however I
am having some
issues with the check_log plugin, it is now reporting

Status Information: Log check error: Log file -O does not exist!
It was working, so I am pretty confused!
The definition on the client nrpe.cfg is
#Matts check_log definition
command[check_log]=/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_log -F $ARG1$ -O $ARG2$
-q $ARG3$
and at the server end
# check_log command definition
define command{
command_name check_log
command_line $USER1$/check_log -F /var/log/messages -O
/var/tmp/check_log_messages -q "yum"
}
When run on the command line it works fine.
Can anyone shed any light on this or suggest where to look?
Thankyou
Matt

Matthew Cullum
Application Infrastrcuture Team
Linklaters LLP, Colchester
Tel: (01206) 754 077
Fax: (01206) 754 140
Mobile: (07825) 528519
matthew.cullum at linklaters.com
http://www.linklaters.com

Any business communication, sent by or on behalf of Linklaters LLP or one of its affiliated firms or other entities (together "Linklaters"), is confidential and may be privileged or otherwise protected. If you receive it in error please inform us and then delete it from your system. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. Messages sent to and from Linklaters may be monitored to ensure compliance with internal policies and to protect our business. Emails are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free. Anyone who communicates with us by email is taken to accept these risks.
Linklaters LLP (www.linklaters.com) is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC326345. It is a law firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (www.sra.org.uk). The term partner in relation to Linklaters LLP is used to refer to a member of Linklaters LLP or an employee or consultant of Linklaters LLP or any of its affiliated firms or entities with equivalent standing and qualifications.
A list of Linklaters LLP members together with a list of those non-members who are designated as partners and their professional qualifications, may be inspected at our registered office, One Silk Street, London EC2Y 8HQ and such persons are either solicitors, registered foreign lawyers or European lawyers.