[Nagiosplug-help] NDO2DB table trimming schedule

Rachel Steffen Steffen.Rachel at bartec.de
Thu Mar 19 16:04:29 CET 2009

Hi Momo,

> We are using Nagios 2.6 with NDOUtils 1.3.1.

I'm using Nagios 3.0.6 with ndo 1.4b7 but I had the same problem.

After installing phpmyadmin it shows me several tips to increase the
mysql performance.

I've changed the following entry's in my.cnf:

key_buffer                  = 4M
key_buffer_size          = 128M
max_allowed_packet  = 16M
thread_stack             = 128K
thread_cache_size     = 64
table_cache              = 512
innodb_buffer_pool_size=1024M

I think the innodb_buffer is the important thing because ndo table-type
are always innodb in NDO 1.4b7 I don't know if it is the same in 1.3.1!
Be carefull and read the MySQL documentation. After I did this
configuration the memory usage of mysql increased a lot.

>  wasn't able to find any documentation on how the table trimming job
is triggered or scheduled, so if anybody knows how I could schedule it
to run by night, it would be greatly appreciated.

The jobs can be configured in ndo2db.cfg

Regards,
Steffen