[Nagiosplug-help] check_url.pl plugin

Evans Plummer evans.plummer at usis.com
Mon May 18 16:16:55 CEST 2009

Morning,

    I am attempting to use the above referenced plugin without success.
I can execute it from a command line and it works fine, when I add it to
the cfg file it does not.  I get the "Running configuration check...
CONFIG ERROR!  Restart aborted.  Check your Nagios configuration."
error.  Here is the syntax I am using:

    define service{
        host_name                  somehost
        service_description      URL
        check_command         check_url.pl!URL!1
        max_check_attempts   5
        normal_check_interval  5
        retry_check_interval     3
        check_period               24x7
        notification_interval       0
        notification_period        24x7
        notification_options      c,r
        contact_groups           some group
        }

    I have defined this info in the command.cfg file, I assume this must
be done for all added check commands?  Is this true?

    # 'check_url command' definition
define command{
        command_name    check_url
        command_line    $USER1$/check_url.pl $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$ $ARG2$
        }

        Through trail and error I have remmed out all lines in the
"define service" section 1 at a time and restart the Nagios service and
have identified the "service_description" line as being the problem.
That seem very strange to me since it appears to only be a name.  Never
the less, I obviously have some syntax error preventing this from
operating properly.  Thanks for any assistance!

Van

The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is confidential.  It is intended only for the individual or entity designated above. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of or reliance on the information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail by or to anyone other than the recipient designated above by the sender is unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and notify them that you received this in error.  Any e-mail erroneously transmitted to you should be immediately destroyed.  Thank you for your attention to this note of confidentiality.