[Nagiosplug-help] check_url.pl plugin

Philip Marcus pmarcus at factual.com
Mon May 18 21:18:55 CEST 2009

On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Evans Plummer <evans.plummer at usis.com>wrote:

>  Philip
>
>     Thanks very much, that helped!  I have been frustrated for a while
> trying to figure this out.  I was not aware that the nagios -v check
> actually identified your problem.  That is a huge help.

You are welcome!

>     So each 3rd party plugin you choose to use must be defined in the
> command.cfg to operate properly?  I assume that all the standard nagios
> plugins are already defined?

Many come predefined in the commands.cfg, although lots do not.
Also, if you use the predefined command in different ways, you may need to
define additional commands.

For instance I use the check_http command to verify the age of my SSL
certificates.
I have defined the following in my commands.cfg:
# check SSL certificate age
define command{
        command_name    check_ssl_cert
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -S -I $HOSTADDRESS$ -C $ARG1$
        }

Good luck with Nagios!

-Philip