[Nagiosplug-help] Error Message - return code of 255 out of bounds

Philip Marcus pmarcus at factual.com
Thu May 21 19:49:07 CEST 2009

Van,

Your service definition arguments do not match your command definition
expected arguments.
In your command definition you pass to the check_url_status command only 3
Variables, HOSTADDRESS, ARG1, ARG2.
In your service definition, you have 4 Arguments plus the HOSTADDRESS
variable.
This is what the check_url_status command is receiving:

check_url_status localhost -U  URL

If you need the additional 2 arguments, add an $ARG3$ $ARG4$

Every " ! " in your service check_command definition is passed as an
"$ARG#$" argument to the actual command.

Hope that help!

-Philip