[Nagiosplug-help] [check_http] loading times too long

Wilfried Wolf Wilfried.Wolf at sandstein.de
Tue May 26 13:59:57 CEST 2009

Hi there,

I have quite a strange problem which I want to solve, but I ran out of ideas...
What it is:

I'm checking a website  with check_http. The website st well reachable from the nagios server, load times are way below a second, which i checked with wget and also telnet.
But if I try the plugin on the command line:

./check_http -I <ip> -H <host-name> -u <url> -t 60 -c 10 liefert
HTTP CRITICAL: - HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 15.183 second response time |time=15.182516s;;10.000000;0.000000 size=39867B;;;0

it shows me more then 15 seconds (and it also takes that time).

So i thought maybe the headers. I tried with -v and found that the request uses the following http-headers:

GET <url> HTTP/1.1
Host: <host-name>:80
Connection: close

(so much to the versions)

But using these headers with telnet does not change the behaviour the site arrives within milliseconds...

If anyone of you had a good idea what to check next this would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,

Willi