[Nagiosplug-help] Dell Open Manage plugin

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Fri Oct 9 04:50:27 CEST 2009

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Stephen Vaughan
<stephenvaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
> That is a little over my head.. I just setup these plugins and sit back :)
>
> This plugin appears to work with 6.1 though:
>
> http://www.monitoringexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=2658.html;d=1

Do those of you who use a plugin with a vendor-specific host agent use
it to trend on power consumption and temperatures?  Or are you just
polling for system faults?

Just curious, I have always just let the vendor-specific agents send
traps to the NNM .. I guess if your focus is just the datacenter,
trending on temperatures and voltages would be a very important thing
as opposed to just getting traps when temperatures, voltages, fans,
etc fall outside of normal parameters / operating conditions.