[Nagiosplug-help] Cisco memory check and fast memory

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Tue Oct 20 17:37:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm using check_snmp_mem.pl to monitor memory usage on my Cisco
devices.  My switch is giving an error with fast memory, however.

Processor:23%,I/O:36%,Fast:97% : 27% : > 90 : CRITICAL

Cisco documentation says that a high level of fast memory usage is not
an error, and no action is necessary.  For example, see:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-2534

I'd like to only alarm when either the processor or IO memory hits
90%, rather than the fast memory buffer.  Is there a simple way to
check this?

Yes, I could write specific SNMP checks to measure IO and CPU memory
usage specifically, but it seems like someone must have come across
this before and that there's a better way.

Thanks,
==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas 	mwlucas at BlackHelicopters.org
http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/