[Nagiosplug-help] check_http of a directory

Tonu Mikk tonumikk at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 21 03:39:47 CEST 2009

Hello, I am just starting out with Nagios.  I have not figured out if I can check http response of a directory.   Line #6 in the service definition gives me an error saying that the service is not defined anywhere.  If I comment it out, it works fine.

define service{
        use                             generic-service         ; Name of service template to use
        host_name                       myhost.net
        service_description             HTTP
        check_command                   check_http
        check_command                   check_http -H myhost.net/demo/
        notifications_enabled           1
        }

Thank you,

 Tonu