[Nagiosplug-help] check_http plugin help

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Sep 23 06:31:29 CEST 2009

On Sep 22, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Ash wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I’m having some difficulty with a check_http pluggin.
>
> When I run the following via command line it returns OK:
>
> ./check_http -H webserver -u /home/test

This is different than what you're telling nagios to run.

> But when I try to configure it in the config files it returns the
> error: HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
>
> This is the command line statement:
>
> command_line    $USER1$/check_http -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u ARG1$

Should be $ARG1$ (at the least).

> And this is the service command:
>
> define service{
>         use                     generic-service
>         host_name               confluence.metech.com.au
>         service_description     HTTP
>         check_command           check_http!confluence!/display/
>         }

command is: check_http
$ARG1$ is : confluence
$ARG2$ is : /display/

The command nagios will run based on this (assuming $ARG1$ is fixed
above) will be --

/path/to/check_http -H <value of address in host definition> -u
confluence

I don't know how you intended to use the confluence parameter so I
can't tell you what you need to do to fix it but hopefully this is
enough for you to figure it out.

--
Marc