[Nagiosplug-help] Some questions about Nagios

Erik Wasser erik.wasser at iquer.net
Fri Apr 9 08:36:52 CEST 2010

On Friday 09 April 2010 07:46:45 Dương Nguyễn wrote:

> Thank for your answer, bug I'm using nagios to monitor a Linux server ( in
> particular is Ubuntu 8.04 ). I saw that I can monitor Disk Usage of my
> server by "check_disk" command, so how can I monitor CPU and Memory of my
> server?

On the client you have to configure /etc/nagios/nrpe.cfg with something like
this:

command[check_load]=/usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/check_load -w 3,3,3 -c 10,10,10

If you install the nrpe (this is the client) you will also got a basic
configuration with the configuration file. Feel free to have a look at it.

For the memory test you can choose between the plugins "check_memory.pl" or
"check_mem.pl". Feel free to choose.

--
So long... Erik