[Nagiosplug-help] Help installing check_radius

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Dec 16 13:18:46 CET 2010

On 15 December 2010 21:02, Don McEwen <dmcewen_va at yahoo.com> wrote:
> HI - I'm trying to setup nagios in our environment - Solaris 9 server with
> clients on Linux, Solaris and AIX. I downloaded nagios-plugins-1.4.15.tar.gz
> and did gunzip | tar -xvpf; then ./configure, make and make install. The plugins
>

> in /usr/local/nagios/libexec seem to be working ok, but I need to use
> check_radius. It is in the unzip'd directory and I see it in the plugins
> directory and in the Makefile in plugins. However no joy - not in
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec. I noticed in the Makefile it is listed with
> EXTRA_PROGRAMS. There must be something else I need to do. Can anyone point me
> in the right direction?
>
> Thanks,
> - Don

I could never get the standard check_radius plugin to work myself.
Admitedly it's about 2 years since I tried and I don't know anything
about radius!

In the end I found "check_radius.pl" by Carlos Vicente which seemed to
work very well.  You can download it at Nagios Exchange:

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Network-Protocols/RADIUS/Perl-check-radius/details

You'll need the perl module for Radius authentication.  On ubuntu
Linux, you can easily get that by installing the package
"libauthen-radius-perl".

hth,

Jim