[Nagiosplug-help] nagios plugins

mostafa yasin mostafayasin at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 10:59:32 CET 2010

Dear Sir;

Thank you very much for your help. I have copied the script into /usr/local/nagios/libexec
and it 's executable and owned by root user. when i run the script manually, it 's running.
But how to:
-
Write a check command that calls the
plugin; if you don’t know it already, you’ll be able to work out the syntax by looking at some of the other check commands in your
nagios /etc/ directory, in commands.cfg.
-
Add a service definition for your
iptables host that uses the check command.

---
Best Regards,,

Mostafa Yasin
Linux System Engineer.

plugins directory (/usr/local/nagios/libexec by default) and make sure that it’s executable.
-
Write a check command that calls the
plugin; if you don’t know it already, you’ll be able to work out the syntax by looking at some of the other check commands in your
nagios /etc/ directory, in commands.cfg.
-
Add a service definition for your
iptables host that uses the check command.

Ta,
IR.

Ian Rarity
IT Services Engineer