[Nagiosplug-help] check_http plugin

Sylvain Kalache sylvain.kalache at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 12:43:41 CET 2010

Are you really using v1.4.3??

>>Yeap I'm really using this version of Nagios.

This is a very old release and you should upgrade. There are some fixes
in the latest check_http versions regarding the HTTP version, although
most servers accept the Host header even with v1.0

>>Unfortunately I'm using this in a company and I just can't upgrade
Nagios...
>>The device I want to reach seem to do not accept v1.0 at all:

#check_http -v --ssl -I 172.24.1.4 -p 443
GET / HTTP/1.0 User-Agent: check_http/1.89 (nagios-plugins 1.4.3)
https://172.24.1.4:443/ is 443 characters STATUS: HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version
Not Supported **** HEADER **** Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 11:40:59 GMT Server:
FortiWeb-2.2.0 Connection: close Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1
**** CONTENT **** <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<HTML><HEAD> <TITLE>505 HTTP Version Not Supported</TITLE> </HEAD><BODY>
<H1>HTTP Version Not Supported</H1> HTTP protocol shoud be above or equal
1.1 Please make sure that your browser meets the requirement. </BODY></HTML>
HTTP CRITICAL: HTTP/1.1 505 HTTP Version Not Supported

For the rest check_http gives you the choice for headers and URL (and
many other options)... If you need something very specific/non-standard
you might be better off using check_tcp or writing your own plugin though.

>>Can you specify the option which is able to to this, I did not find it.

Hope this help. If you still have troubles getting what you want with
the latest version of the plugins be sure to also send full debug output
of the check you're trying to run (add "-vvv" to the plugin arguments).

>>Thanks! :)

2010/2/20 Thomas Guyot-Sionnest <dermoth at aei.ca>

Sylvain Kalache
@SylvainKalache on Twitter