[Nagiosplug-help] connection refused by host (UNCLASSIFIED)
marc at ena.com
Wed Jan 13 20:17:01 CET 2010
On Jan 13, 2010, at 12:49 PM, DeSelms, Jack C Mr CTR USA TRADOC wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
> What permissions would cause the 'connection refused by host'?
None, assuming NRPE is able to start...
> I have checked the obvious, three times.
What's 'the obvious' to you? What have you checked/verified? How did you install NRPE, what OS's are involved and what configuration have you done?
The more specific information you provide about your installation and configuration leads to more useful answers. In the meantime --
- NRPE isn't running.
- NRPE isn't running on the port you believe it is.
- NRPE isn't listening on the IP you believe it is.
- NRPE isn't configured to accept connections from your nagios server IP
- NRPE is being run out of (x)inetd but you didn't restart (x)inetd after adding the NRPE configuration
- NRPE is being run out of (x)inetd and you have restrictions there preventing the access
- check_nrpe is being asked to contact an IP/host that is not running NRPE
- You have SELinux restrictions in place that are causing problems on either side.
More information about the Help