[Nagiosplug-help] Nagios XI

Tony Yarusso tyarusso at nagios.com
Tue Jul 6 01:00:45 CEST 2010

On 7/3/2010 7:44 AM, Bob Farrell wrote:
> Looks like I am going to purchase this product. I am setting up
> implementation/migration docs, but one thing eludes me here. I am NOT
> going to install it as a VM and can get around that without issue, but
> I find NO where where it says I can use SNMP to query my clients. I do
> not want to install agents. Please tell me folks I am wrong here.
> Willing to pay the money for what looks like an even better product
> than Nagios already was.
> BF

Yes, SNMP checks do indeed work in Nagios XI.  Further, any check plugin
for Nagios Core should be completely compatible with Nagios XI - let us
know if you find one that does not so we can troubleshoot that.

(We also have instructions for installing on a bare non-VM system, at
http://library.nagios.com/library/products/nagiosxi/documentation/252-manual-installation-instructions-for-nagios-xi
)

--
Tony Yarusso