[Nagiosplug-help] Got some issues with installation of NRPE_plugin

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest dermoth at aei.ca
Wed Jun 23 03:18:37 CEST 2010

On 10-06-21 01:18 PM, Haolin Zhu wrote:
> Hi, All,
>
> I've got some issues when tried to install NRPE_plugin (or addon) on a
> ngios monitor host.
>
> The server on which I wanted to get NRPE_plugin run has been installed
> and configured with Nagios 3.2.1 and Centreon 2.1.8, and both of them
> ran okay. BTW, the OS of the server is Ubuntu 8.04 LTS.
>
> I followed the procedures described in the NRPE.pdf, and what I had done
> included:
> cd /usr/local/src
> wget package of nrpe-2.12
> untar
> cd nrpe-2.12
> ./configure
> make all
> make install-plugin
>
> Then,
> cp /usr/local/src/nrpe-2.12/src/check_nrpe.c
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe
> chmod a+x check_nrpe
>
> When I tried to execute /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_nrpe -H <remote
> server running nrpe daemon>, I got the followed messages:
> line 1: /bin: is a directory
> line 2: centreon.conf: command not found
> line 3: centreon.conf: command not found
> line 4: syntax error near unexpected token `('
> line 4: ` * Copyright (c) 1999-2008 Ethan Galstad (nagios at nagios.org
> <mailto:nagios at nagios.org>)'
>
> Actually, I even couldn't find the stuffs like '/bin' or 'centreon.conf'
> in the check_nrpe.c file, so don't know where these errors came from.

check_nrpe is a c source file, you have to ./configure, make then make
install the nrpe tree.

The errors you got were from the shell trying to interpret the header of
the file, which start with something like:

/*
 * some text
 * ...

"/*" matched "/bin <other files/dirs in / as arguments>"

"*" matched the first file in your current directory, which was
"centeron.cfg" plug any other files there as arguments.

etc...

- --
Thomas