[Nagiosplug-help] Plugin perpetually in warn state

Chase Simms Csimm at pubpress.com
Mon Mar 1 21:19:39 CET 2010

I am running Nagios 3.0.2 on CentOS 5.2.  I've written some of my own plugins and have had this running for a few years.  So far, so good.  Now I want to monitor some Java apps using JMX.  I tried a few different plugins but haven't found one that works for me.

I am trying to use Syabru Nagios JMX Plugin from http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Java-Applications-and-Servers/Syabru-Nagios-JMX-Plugin/details.

It works when I run manually from the command line.  I verified the exit codes are returning correctly.

Nagios always says the service is in a warn state and the Status Information is always 	(null).

Here are some excerpts from my config files to show my wiring.

commands.cfg:
define command {
        command_name    check_feed_jmx
        command_line    /nagios/libexec/check_jmx -U service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://$HOSTADDRESS$:$ARG1$/jmxrmi -O SimonAuto:type=Feed,controller=pathProcessorController -A PollRate -K PollRate -w 70 -c 80
}

services.cfg:

define service {
       service_description             FEED-SERVICE
       use                             TEST-NO-PAGES
       hostgroups                      FEED-SERVERS
       check_command                   check_feed_jmx!1620
}

hostgroups.cfg
define hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name  FEED-SERVERS
        alias           FEED-SERVERS
        members         SIMONAUTO6
}

Any hints are appreciated.

The information in this email is intended for the sole use of the addressees and may be confidential and subject to protection under the law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply and delete your copy.