[Nagiosplug-help] check_by_ssh does not seem to honour StrictHostKeyChecking

Patricia Jung pju at censhare.de
Mon Nov 29 17:10:53 CET 2010

Hello out there,

when monitoring service-bound IPs using check_by_ssh I encounter the problem that several servers might answer which have differing ssh server keys. This way the service check fails whenever the answering server changes. A (far from perfect) solution to this would be to set StrictHostKeyChecking to no for the relevant IP. check_by_ssh however does not seem to honour this setting (not 1.4.15 and below) -- as long as I don't remove the offending key from known_hosts the plugin will time out.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

    Patricia
--
Patricia Jung
Senior Software and Support Engineer

censhare AG
Paul-Gerhardt-Allee 50, 81245 Muenchen, Germany
Fon +49 89 568236-311
Fax +49 89 568236-501
http://www.censhare.com
http://blog.censhare.com