[Nagiosplug-help] RTA plot .... is it possible

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Wed Oct 13 09:01:57 CEST 2010

On 12 October 2010 21:53, Leandro Roggerone
<leandro_roggerone at dmcwireless.com> wrote:
>  Is there some way to make a plot of the RTA meassured in Nagios,
> something like pingplotter.
> I have been looking in Nagios but I can only see the history of the
> services status, crit, warn , etc but not the meassured value.

The plugin might often provide that in the performance data.  Which
plugin are you interested in?  With some of the plugins from
nagios.manubulon.com, you need to use the "-f" option to get the
performance data.  Some plugins don't provide performance data - it's
usually fairly trivial to edit the plugin script so it will provide it
in the right format.

Not all plugins will provide RTA data as it's not always relevant.

Typically you would use an add-on such as PNP4Nagios to record the
performance data so you can see the history.

See:

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/perfdata.html
and
http://docs.pnp4nagios.org/pnp-0.6/start

To see the average plugin execution time on your system, run nagiostats.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/nagiostats.html

hth,

Jim