[Nagiosplug-help] check_snmp with inconsistent results

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 23:29:19 CEST 2010

Hi

My MD wants me to generate a warning alert against Polycom HDX7000's -
these are video conferencing devices that are snmp enabled and we want
to alert if they don't reply with "speakerphoneattchedonhook"

I figured I could use check_snmp with a -r
"speakerphoneattachedonhook|" which does work for OK states, but if
there is a problem the device sometimes returns a 0 (zero) or nothing
at all both of which generate a critical and all efforts to override
with a -w seem to be ignored.

Is there any way to make check_snmp generate a warning instead of a
critical in these cases?

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Mark.