[Nagiosplug-help] check_http problem

Chris Datfung chris.datfung at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 16:51:48 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Alex Griffin <agriffin at nagios.com> wrote:

> Can you post your command definition?

define command{
command_name check_http
command_line /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -H '$HOSTADDRESS$' -I
'$HOSTADDRESS$'
}

Is there any easy way I can add debugging to that to see what's going wrong?
Like I said, testing via the CLI works fine.

In the mean time, when you test

plugins from the command line, make sure you run them as the nagios

user. In this case I doubt it would make a difference unless your
> machine is really locked down, but sometimes it makes a very big
> difference.

Testing using the nagios user made no difference.

Thanks,
Chris