[Nagiosplug-help] NRPE and Syslog on Solaris 10

Jim Kelly jim.kelly at numeric.com
Tue Feb 1 14:59:29 CET 2011

I have been working with Nagios and nrpe for the last couple of months and I just recently noticed thousands of these messages in one of syslog log files:

    Feb  1 08:48:40 manatee nrpe[15147]: [ID 927837 mail.info] connect from ducati

I have syslog configured to send different facility codes (local1-local7 and mail.debug) to different log files. It seems like nrpe is dumping all its messages to mail.info despite what I entered in my nrpe.cfg file (log_facility=local7) or what I built nrpe with (--with-log_facility=local7). I think the build option just enters the line in the sample config file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Kelly
IT Manager
Numeric Investors LLC
617.897.7889

This e-mail and its attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. Please do not copy or distribute without permission from Numeric Investors. If you received it in error, please delete all copies and notify the sender or support at numeric.com.