[Nagiosplug-help] event handler not running

C. Bensend benny at bennyvision.com
Fri Feb 4 16:36:22 CET 2011

> Benny, I want to thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I kept
> investigating after I sent the email, and I found the stupid little switch
> that was causing it to not work. I looked at the messages log on the
> remote,
> saw the could not complete ssl handshake error, and went back to my
> command
> definition. Sure enough, the -n was in it trying to bypass ssl.... took
> that
> out and bam, executes the script. It doesn’t appear to be carrying over
> the
> variables like it should be but I am sure that is a quick fix or something
> can get. Thank you again for your quick help with this.

Glad you've made it farther!  :)

As for arguments, make sure that the remote client will accept
them, and make sure you're sending them via '-a' from the Nagios
server.  If you can't figure it out, send another email with the
command definition from the Nagios server that's being executed,
as well as the command definition on the NRPE side.

Benny

--
"Hairy ape nads."        -- Colleen, playing Neverwinter Nights