[Nagiosplug-help] question about failing check

Mike Loud mike.loud at comandsolutions.com
Wed Feb 23 22:45:12 CET 2011

I have nrpe setup to check port 80. I have an event handler that will
restart the service on a hard failure. My question is, when it has a hard
failure, or times out, is there a way to configure nrpe to check again in x
seconds? Say the normal check interval is 5 minutes, but the test of port 80
just failed, can I configure nrpe to say ok I just failed or timed out, im
going to check again in 10 seconds to make sure this is a real failure, and
if so then im going to execute my event handler? I have looked into this,
but I am not sure if I am missing an argument or if this is just not
possible to do. Please advise, or let me know if there is a better way to
handle first failures besides waiting an additional 5 minute cycle. Thank
you.

Mike