[Nagiosplug-help] Cisco Switch monitoring

John Lewis lewilists at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:19:06 CEST 2011

Taking a much lower level look at this, has the wire path been evaluated? Are there a large number of patch panels between the switch and the server? Are the cables between devices and patches hand made? Are the interfaces on the server and the switch free of errors, dropped packets overruns collisions etc? Is there a speed or duplex mismatch? Is only one device set to autoneg vs hard set on the other?

Lewis