[Nagiosplug-help] i need help with check_mysql?

The Sinner littlesinner at gmail.com
Thu May 5 11:51:02 CEST 2011

did as in the manual but still no luck at all.

check this:

:/usr/lib/nagios/plugins$ ./check_mysql -u nagios -p mypass
Uptime: 93  Threads: 1  Questions: 198  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 1069  Flush
tables: 1  Open tables: 64  Queries per second avg: 2.129

the command works fine when i run it on console.

but it doesn't work when i define it in my services.cfg:

*> check_mysql!-H localhost -d mysql -u nagios -p mypass
**> check_mysql!-H localhost!-d mysql!-u nagios!-p mypass*

i think something wrong with the syntax above. which one is correct? both
wrong? what is all "!" about?

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 1:35 AM, John Lewis <lewilists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Reading http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/adding-users.html it seems
> like the user for nagios at localhost needs to be created in the database you
> are trying to grant it access to.
>
> Did you create the user nagios at localhost in the database?
>
> Lewis
>
> On May 4, 2011, at 3:16 PM, The Sinner wrote:
>
> hi all,
>
> i receive *access denied for user 'nagios'@'localhost' (using password no)
> * error.
>
> what i did so far:
>
> logged in to mysql and selected mysql database then:
> > grant all privileges on *.* to 'nagios'@'localhost' identified by
> 'mypass';
>
> > flush privileges;
>
> then wrote a service to run the check_mysql command.
>
> the service is like:

> ...                 *check_mysql!-H localhost -d mysql -u nagios -p mypass
> *
>
> how should i modify the bold part in my service definition not to receive
> the error above? do i miss something or write a wrong check_mysql service
> command?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> --
> The Sinner