[Nagiosplug-help] check_procs syntax please advise......

Mike Loud mike.loud at comandsolutions.com
Fri May 13 16:22:31 CEST 2011

I am trying to check if a particular script is running constantly on my
server. I was thinking of using check_procs, but the problem is, when i
run a ps -e the process just shows as php so that is what check_procs
sees it as. When I run ps aux, it shows what i need to verify which is:
obs     14186  0.0  0.0 162892  8244 pts/0    S    08:52   0:00 php
index.php logwatch/start . I need to make sure that logwatch/start is
running.

My question is how can i do this through check_procs, or if I cant, is
there another way? I know I can mangle some commands to get just the
output I want to see if its running such as ps aux |grep logwatch/start
|grep -v grep | awk '{print $13}', but how do I tie that into the
plugin? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

Mike