[Nagiosplug-help] ping remote host

lists lists at catsnest.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 10:17:14 CET 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM, John Lewis <lewilists at gmail.com> wrote:

> NRPE

Yup something like the below should work (written from memory and untested)
then just use the 'check_ping_remote' command instaed of check_ping

Server1
Nagios Command
define command{
        command_name    check_ping_remote
        command_line    $USER1$/check_nrpe -H [Server2] -c
check_ping_remote -a $HOSTNAME$
}

Server2
NRPE Command
command[check_ping_remote]=/opt/nagios/plugins/libexec/check_ping -H $ARG1$
--
<-- http://23.me.uk/2 -->
<--Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.  -->