[Nagiosplug-help] check_db oracle check plugin

Jim Avery jim at jimavery.me.uk
Thu Nov 17 10:38:45 CET 2011

On 16 November 2011 20:32, Tim Dunphy <bluethundr at jokefire.com> wrote:
> hello,
>
>  I am attempting to using one of many checks that are designed to check oracle db. I chose this one because it seemed pretty flexible as you are able to feed some SQL statements into it with a flag.

I've had good results with check_oracle_health.

http://labs.consol.de/lang/en/nagios/check_oracle_health/

I couldn't get the default DBD::Oracle method to work myself but with
the --method=sqlplus it seems to work fine.

If you use PNP4Nagios you will find it especially useful, as there are
quite a few templates provided for graphing performance data from
check_oracle_health:-

check_oracle_health_connection-time.php
check_oracle_health_pga-in-memory-sort-ratio.php
check_oracle_health.php
check_oracle_health_redo-io-traffic.php
check_oracle_health_switch-interval.php
check_oracle_health_tablespace-usage.php

hth,

Jim