[Nagiosplug-help] check_http HTTP Version

Franz, Jay Jay.Franz at ssa.gov
Wed Sep 14 01:49:53 CEST 2011

One of the internal Web servers which we monitor recently underwent some additional hardening.  One of the hardening artifacts is that HTTP 1.0 requests are being refused, generating a 403 error.  Looking at the Web server logs, we can see that check_http is issuing a "GET / HTTP/1.0" request.  This has got to be in the FM somewhere, but I am at a loss to find it.  Is there any way to specify the HTTP version for a GET request?

Our current check_http definition and the host template which calls it follow

--------------------

commands.cfg:
define command{
        command_name    check_http
        command_line    $USER1$/check_http -I $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
        }

internal_host.cfg:
define service{
        use                             internal_host
        host_name                       some_internal_host
        service_description             HTTP
        check_command                   check_http
        }