[Nagiosplug-help] check_jmx timeout

Jim Horner jim.horner at vistracks.com
Fri Aug 17 16:18:49 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I'm trying to use check_jmx to check the size of my ActiveMQ queue.  The
command I'm using is

check_jmx -U service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://*<external_ip>*:*1099*/jmxrmi -O
*
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=TrackingWebAMQBroker61616,Type=Queue,Destination=queue
* -A *QueueSize* -w *500* -c *1000*

I've tried it both from my monitoring machine and the machine the queue is
running on, but whenever I try it from the command line on either, it just
sits there.  The nagios monitoring page says  (Service Check Timed Out)

The ActiveMQ is running in a web application in Geronimo 2.2.1.

I'm able to get it to work on a local machine, but I'm running into this
problem on an Amazon EC2 instance.

--
Jim Horner
Software Engineer