[Nagiosplug-help] how to confirm that time is within limits on Windows server?

Robert Marxreiter rmarxreiter at web.de
Fri Jan 20 01:59:13 CET 2012

Hello Lyle,

if the target system has a webserver running, you can use this plugin
(bash script) of mine.

usage: ./check_time_deviation_via_http.sh <url> <repetitions> <warning
threshold> <critical threshold>

Examples:

cray at denkbrett:~$ ./check_time_deviation_via_http.sh
"http://www.nagios.com" 4 2 10; echo $?
OK: time deviation 0 is within the range of 2 seconds|time_deviation=0
0

cray at denkbrett:~$ ./check_time_deviation_via_http.sh
"http://www.winnetou.com" 4 2 10; echo $?
CRITICAL: time deviation 28730 is more than 10 seconds
off|time_deviation=28730
2

(Proof that Winnetou is still ahead of his time)

Regards
- Robert