[Nagiosplug-help] Disable RFC4507 support issues

Holger Weiß holger at CIS.FU-Berlin.DE
Sat Jul 7 12:31:54 CEST 2012

* Andrew Widdersheim <awiddersheim at hotmail.com> [2012-07-06 19:19]:
>  * Disable RFC4507 support, to work around SSL negotiation issues with
>    (at least) some Tomcat versions
>
> Saw the above as a fix in the new release which is awesome because it
> is a major pain with some systems.
>
> The problem I'm seeing is the release notes make it sound as though
> this is done by default but from what I'm seeing the only way to turn
> that fix on is by defining SSL_OP_NO_TICKET using CFLAGS unless I am
> missing something.

This is the commit that introduced the change:

https://github.com/nagios-plugins/nagios-plugins/commit/5a5d3d7013dbc0

SSL_OP_NO_TICKET is defined by OpenSSL itself, but only by versions
which actually support RFC4507 (that is, versions >= 0.9.8f).  The
"#ifdef SSL_OP_NO_TICKET" you probably stumbled over makes sure that the
plugins can be built against older OpenSSL versions.

Are you still seeing SSL negotiation problems when using the new
release?

Holger