Fwd: Help with nagios plugins in suse linux

Keith Bastin kbastin at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 7 21:08:58 CET 2013

SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 and OpenSuSE 11 both have nagios
included as standard packages including two different packages of plugin
rpm's. They are not installed by default but can be easily installed
either from the zypper install utility or via  yast/software management
- search for nagios and select the packages you need. - This is the
easiest way because it resolves all of the dependencies for you (either
from the install media or from the update repositories).

If you want to download the package from nagios you certainly can. I've
added quite a few plugins by simply copying them into my plugin
directory after the basic install.