informix database monitoring

Edwin Zoeller Edwin.Zoeller at ama-assn.org
Fri Nov 8 18:56:27 CET 2013

I wrote a script and placed it in the libexec directory. There is a script for each instance to monitor.

bash-2.05$ more check_informix_aims_perf
#!/bin/sh
#INFORMIXDIR=/apps/informix/infx1150fc4x7
INFORMIXDIR=/usr/informix
INFORMIXSERVER=perfsrv
OMSTAT=$INFORMIXDIR/bin/onstat
export INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER

case $1 in
'-h'|'--help')
        clear;echo ""
        echo ""
        echo "Show output from 'onstat -' and 'exit' with 'status 0'"
        echo ""
        echo "usage: $0"
        echo ""
        ;;
*)
        $OMSTAT - |grep Informix && exit 0
        ;;
esac

In the nrpe.cfg file I add the following entry for this instance.

command[check_informix_aims_perf]=/apps/nrpe/2.0/libexec/check_informix_aims_perf