icinga monitoring-plugins helpfile // add parameters

René-Pascal Kehr Rene.Kehr at connectchemicals.com
Wed Oct 29 15:03:14 CET 2014

Hello,

recently I have installed a icinga server using debian wheezy the first time.
Now I am trying to adjust it to our servers using the doc and helpfiles.
While creating a new .conf file with the content:

object Service "http" {
  import "generic-service"

  host_name = "mail13-1"
  check_command = "http -w 5 -c 10 -H mail.connectchemicals.com"    <--- as explained in http.conf --help
  vars.sla = "24x7"
}

I get following errorcode:

Config error: Invalid value for attribute: Object 'http' (Type: 'Service') at /etc/icinga2/conf.d/hosts/mail/mail13-1/http.conf:6 -> Attribute 'check_command': Object 'http -w 5 -c 10 -H mail.connectchemicals.com' of type 'CheckCommand' does not exist.

è check_command = "http"       -- works fine

I'd be very happy if you could help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance,
René-Pascal Kehr

Phone  +49 (0) 2102 2077-14
Fax      +49 (0) 2102 2077-40
E-Mail  Rene.Kehr at connectchemicals.com<mailto:Rene.Kehr at connectchemicals.com>

Connect Chemicals GmbH | Kokkolastraße 2 | 40882 Ratingen | Deutschland | www.connectchemicals.com<http://www.connectchemicals.com/>
Geschäftsführung / Management Board: Ahmet Basar Karaca, Dirk Otmar  |  Sitz der Gesellschaft /
Headquarters: Ratingen | Registergericht / Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 44024

Please visit us:

AWT Convention
29th October - 1st November 2014, Fort Worth, TX, USA
Omni Fort Worth and Fort Worth Convention Center, Stand 634
[cid:image001.png at 01CFD7D6.10F99900]<http://www.awt-annual14.org/annualconvention14/>