Help: monitoring Datadomain filesystems

Jim Welch jim.welch at oit.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 23 23:31:15 CEST 2014

  In the case of check_dd.pl, you could modify the script to use a
config file
(check_dd.conf or some such). When nagios calls the script it will pass
in the
default warning/critical thresholds, and the script can read in the
config file
for exceptions. I'd parse the exceptions into a hash, then as the script
checks
each filesystem, if there is an entry in the hash for that name use the hash
thresholds, otherwise use the default thresholds.
  The other choice would be to call the script once for each filesystem
and have it
only report the results for the filesystem you pass in as a parameter.
If you only
have 2, it would be feasible, but if there are dozens it's too much
trouble/overhead.