Check_NT CPULOAD output issue

Matthew Hockett Matthew.Hockett at interstates.com
Fri Apr 3 17:59:27 CEST 2015

Hello,

While examining Nagios for implementation at various sites, I’ve ran into a bit of an issue. We are wanting to monitor the CPU load on various windows servers. We have the client installed and am getting information back from the check_nt –v CPULOAD command, but it seems to be dropping all trailing zero’s from the percentage. I have ran prime95 to test on a machine and can verify the processor is at 100% while the stress test is running, but my output is showing at 1% load. After some investigation I noticed that as the stress test ramps up I can watch the percentage rise, but at 10% it reads 1% and at 20% it reads 2% and so on. Any time there is a number followed by a zero, the zero is dropped from the output. This causes the load to never go into warning or critical. I was my hope that you could shed some light on this issue, or tell me that it is just a output issue and I’m not crazy ☺

Thanks!

Matthew Hockett
MIT Analyst I

Interstates Control Systems
444 12th Street NE
Sioux Center, Iowa 51250
Office: 712-722-1663 x2231
Matthew.Hockett at interstates.com<mailto:%20Matthew.Hockett at interstates.com>
UNDERSTANDING NEEDS ► DELIVERING RESULTS
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CFC69A.1F40FE10][cid:image002.png at 01CFC69A.1F40FE10]

This e-mail is confidential and for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient or you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail with all attachment(s). You must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail or the information contained in or attached to this e-mail without the author's prior permission. We have taken precautions to minimize the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.