Usage of check_udp plugin

Gareth Fletcher gareth.fletcher at onenet.co.nz
Tue Nov 3 21:20:54 CET 2015

Hi Jerico!

Remember in UDP-land checking if a port is open is a bit different. Since there are no nice things like SYNs and ACKs.

You could use another plugin (e.g. search check_udp_port on Nagios exchange - that uses nmap to check it, which checks for ICMP port unreachables).

Or find some string to use (use tcpdump, netcat etc), but you may be falling down a rabbit hole.

Even better, use a check_radius plugin? That talks Radius and then you don’t need to worry about anything ☺

Hope this helps
Gareth