help with check_snmp

Frank Altpeter frank.altpeter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:56:49 CET 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 13:41:59PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>> I'm trying to use check_snmp to monitor power outlet consumation. I set
up
>> something like this:
>> check_snmp -H <host> -P 1 -C <comm> -o SPGW-MIB::actualCurrentO.3132.4
>> which correctly returns
>> SNMP OK - .36 |
>> since there is no consumer connected, this value is correct (0.36A).
>> But, when I add a warning threshold, like this:
>> check_snmp -H <host> -P 1 -C <comm> -w @0:0 -o
SPGW-MIB::actualCurrentO.3132.4                     >> to be warned when
the returned value equals zero, the output becomes:
>> SNMP OK - 36 | SPGW-MIB::actualCurrentO.3132.4=36
>> So, the dot seems to get filtered and the returned value is 36 instead
of 0.36.
> Can this be a locale issue with ,36 and .36?

I would have thought similar, but it's quite unlikely that a locale setting
would only come in effect when the "-w" option is added to the commandline.
So I would rather assume a parsing problem.

Frank

(P.S. changed my sender address to my list address since I wasn't subscibed
before, which resulted from not knowing that this is a list because the
manpage suggests so)