Monitoring SwapSpace on SLES systems

Frank.Schweitzer at itelligence.de Frank.Schweitzer at itelligence.de
Fri Nov 11 11:16:35 CET 2016

Hi,

I have a question regarding monitoring of swap files / swap partitions on
Linux servers.
I'd like to get information about swap files / swap partitions via the
check_disk command.

Like shown in the example below there exists a swap partition on the
server as /dev/sda2:

But when trying to monitor this partion via check_disk the output is:

Is there any error in the syntax and is it possible in general to get
information about the (physical) usage of swap files / partitions via
check_disk or does this command not support these kind of files /
partitions ?
Do I have any other options to get the required information with one of
the Nagios plugins ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards
Frank Schweitzer