check_procs CPU %?

Joel Lord jlord at itsmr.org
Tue Nov 15 18:58:40 CET 2016

I'm trying to monitor for runaway processes, but it appears that
check_procs --metric=CPU gathers its data in such a way that it is
reporting CPU % since the process started rather than more-or-less
instantaneous.  I'm watching processes that run for weeks or months, so
that entire runtime average isn't very useful.  Actually, I can't think
of any situation where it _would_ be useful.

Is there a way to get check_procs to use an instantaneous value rather
than a time average?

--
Joel Lord
Sr. Systems Analyst